Search Site
Family Law

Family Law

Uncontested Divorce

Many‎ options are available to assist couples in working out property division and custody issues without the stress and expense of a long trial. Couples who can reach an agreement prior to filing for divorce usually do not even have to appear for a hearing.

Contested Divorce

You need an attorney who can handle the complex issues surrounding property and debt distribution, custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. We make every attempt through mediation and settlement conferences to reach an amicable solution prior to trial. However, if we cannot reach a favorable settlement for you, we will be ready to aggressively represent your interests at a full trial.

Custody & Visitation

A custody order will give you the peace of mind to know that your parental rights will be protected. Courts enter two-fold orders that include both legal custody (information and decision-making) and actual parenting time. Because custody cases are highly discretionary, you should hire an attorney who regularly handles these cases.

Child Support

Child support is calculated according to a formula within each state’s statutes. The numbers used for the calculation, however, can be tricky if the parties disagree on gross income, childcare costs, health insurance credit, or split parenting time. These can be further complicated when a party is self-employed or under-employed. Disagreements on child support numbers often end in a hearing, so you should retain an attorney who regularly handles child support cases before the court.


Adoptions can range from simple uncontested step-parent adoptions to contested non-parent custodian adoptions. We can help you navigate this complicated legal process.

CAPTA Appeals

The Cabinet for Health and Family Services is empowered by the Commonwealth to investigate allegations of child abuse and neglect. A substantiated finding can negatively affect your life, including your ability to hold a nursing license or be in a caregiving role for children. If the Cabinet makes a finding of substantiated child abuse or neglect against you, you have the right to appeal to an administrative hearing. If you receive a substantiation letter, you should call immediately, as deadlines for appeals are strictly enforced.

Our Attorneys
Contact us

Quick Contact Form